WMC and Vizio soundbar

etrin

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC and Vizio soundbar

Post by etrin » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:34 am

I can't figure this out. I have a vizio soundbar with arc. It works great for about 10 minutes then it makes a pop and wmc says it can't find the files need to play.
I skip the soundbar and plug it streight into the tv and it works fine. Unplugged the soundbar and plugged everything back in. Try again. Nope same thing it works fine for about 10 minutes then makes a pop sound and files needed.
Has anyone else ever seen this or have any ideas what is up with the arc function?

unclebun

Post by unclebun » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Don't connect the soundbar to the computer. Connect the soundbar to the TV's HDMI ARC socket and the computer to a different HDMI socket on the TV.

etrin

Post by etrin » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:11 am

so just bypass the arc function...will give it a try

unclebun

Post by unclebun » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Actually, it's USING the ARC function when you connect it the way it's designed. ARC means Audio Return Channel. It's meant to replace multiple cables going from the TV to the soundbar or AV Receiver with an HDMI cable. The return part comes in that the HDMI cable coming from the source (usually cable or satellite box, in our case computer) carries both video and audio. When the TV has an ARC port, it passes an audio-only signal back out to an audio device--usually a soundbar or a receiver for a multi-speaker setup.

etrin

Post by etrin » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:06 pm

I did 2 things. .I flashed the bar with latest flash and then connected it like you said.
THANKS BIG TIME its working fine now.