No Signal

NYMC

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Signal

Post by NYMC » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:12 am

Posted many months ago, still no service but I have not given up yet. When I go to : http://192.168.200.1/Services/7/TuningResolver.html Under Tuning Adapter I get TR status: Disabled. Can someone verify if this is this normal?

jeepman

Post by jeepman » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:03 pm

I just experienced this issue, and in my case it was related to moving addresses and the equipment needed to be re-enabled by a Spectrum TV Repair Tech. I had to read off the ID from the CableCard (All letters, not a MAC address) and also the HDHomeRun's ID that is all numbers. Once done, my 8.1 WMC began tuning channels again, and did not even show a "No Tuners Found" error, whereas before I was getting the No Tuners Found error message.

Have you called the support number to have them send a ping to your Tuning Resolver? In my case, it is a Cisco STA1520.

NYMC

Post by NYMC » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:41 pm

I finally got Cablevision to properly bind the card with the numbers off of a new Cable Card. I am now getting some new channels to work, just a few in the 100 - 150 range and for some reason channel 8, Home Shopping Network always work. It is my understanding that Cablevison made some changes that require the usage of a tuning adapter. The send me a Tunung adapter, however I am not sure if they activated or not because I get no difference using the tuning adapter or bypassing it with respect to the amount of channels I get, Which is extremely limited by the way. My case has been escalated and a technician is coming out on Sunday, Will probably do me no good judging by past history. I have been without WMC since January..

What did you mean by the numbers from the "HDHomeRun's ID"?