Record DRM Using a Screen Recorder?

misterpunn

HTPC Specs: Show details

Record DRM Using a Screen Recorder?

Post by misterpunn » Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 pm

Has anyone ever tried using a screen recording program to record programs on WMC? If so, does anyone have a suggestion for a screen recording program that records in high quality and is able to use the system audio? I would use the XBox Game Bar but of course that's only available on W10.

My cable company (Spectrum) blocks/protects all but the local channels and TBS/TNT for some reason. I have a GIGANTIC amount of recordings that I want to be able to watch on my own other devices or transfer to a new computer whenever my current one bites the dust. They're all perfectly legal recordings of channels I pay for; Spectrum just blocks everything.

I've been thinking of ways to get around that and a screen recorder popped into my head as an option. Any advice is appreciated!

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed May 20, 2020 11:43 pm

I use NCH Debut. Works great and is easy to use.

https://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

dkrom

Post by dkrom » Thu May 21, 2020 3:20 pm

misterpunn

Post by misterpunn » Thu May 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Thanks to both of you! I will give the method dkrom posted a shot first and then Scallica's if the first method doesn't work.

If anyone else has tried what I am trying to accomplish or any other suggestions, please still feel free to reply!

misterpunn

Post by misterpunn » Tue May 26, 2020 7:34 pm

I tried dkrom's suggestion and perhaps I don't totally understand what I am doing but unfortunately, I just couldn't get the graphedit program to work. It might be because I am using W8.1 and I think it was designed for W7 but I don't know. When I click "connect to remote graph" nothing happens. I appreciate the suggestion though!

I will give NCH a shot.