Unable to tune DRM channels on Windows 8.1

6athome

HTPC Specs: Show details

Unable to tune DRM channels on Windows 8.1

Post by 6athome » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:52 am

I still have my HP 9300 windows 7,cable labs certified computer. Also a windows 8.1 WMC computer that will not get the new DRM fox channels,which my windows 7 computer pickup.
Playready is the screw that is stopping the 6 turner prime.
Digital cable advisor and playready in winscrew 8.1 is stopping me from getting channels! Fios shows free HBO from time to time and I can't get those channels.
My windows 7 picks up them all.
Yes I think I've tried everything and no luck with the win 8.1 WMC build, yes I can get other Drm channels but no fox or HBO.
I did spend hours with Fios,which they did everything they could from their end. Playready is the fly in the ointment!

[Moderator note: topic split and duplicate posts deleted]

6athome

Post by 6athome » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:44 am

I have two Windows 8.1 WMC computers still looking for answers, I ran accross the forum, Playready issuse. looking at that forum,I found part of the of the promblem. The server was not responding.
This post started in March and I came accross it in September, I tried to reset playready and it worked, then onto issue two, Cable Advisor, now this required cable advisor overide ( it wold not download for me and you guess it, it downloaded) I ran cable advisor override and it worked. Now I can watch DMR fox channels on computer one. Now computer two, ran cable advisor first and then tride playready, no luck,playready will not reset. I don't know if it's because I ran cable advisor first or playready sever is not responding. I don;t know how to get Microsoft to respond? Anyone Know?

jeepman

Post by jeepman » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:54 pm

@6athome, any updates on this? It may take a while, but once the PlayReady servers were made available again, I was able to get an 8.1 WMC system up and running from scratch.