Cannot get past "TV Setup Cannot Continue" Message

CFab

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot get past "TV Setup Cannot Continue" Message

Post by CFab » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:47 am

Hello,

I have InfiniTV ETH6 Tuner(I Know there is another forum that specifically discusses Ceton InfiniTV, but at this point I don't think it's hardware).
I have been running in dual boot mode with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 Pro. Win 7 system is still fine, getting WMC to work on 8.1 Pro has been
the challenge. I do not have a license for WMC(I went to a site that allowed me to download/install without key). When I click on
'Add Features to Windows 8.1', it doesn't even give me the option to add new features.
It just says 'I Already have a product key', so even if I had a separate product key to install for WMC, this OS doesn't allow me.

At this point, I am not sure if this is a product key issue or something else. If this is a product key issue, I will gladly take whatever is available, if
anyone is willing to give or sell. Otherwise, if this is not product key related, I am open to suggestions. Last thing I did was to turn the WMC feature
off, delete 2 files and associated directories both named MCEPG3-1 and MCEPG3-2, and re-enable WMC feature, but this didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best,

Chas

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:53 am

CFab wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:47 am I do not have a license for WMC(I went to a site that allowed me to download/install without key). When I click on
'Add Features to Windows 8.1', it doesn't even give me the option to add new features.
It just says 'I Already have a product key', so even if I had a separate product key to install for WMC, this OS doesn't allow me.
What site did you download from?

This is the official site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... indows8ISO
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

CFab

Post by CFab » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:59 pm

The license for Windows 8.1 Pro is fine. I purchased the retail version DVD. I was referring to the License key for WMC which needs to be installed as a separate feature.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:22 am

I installed a Windows 8.1 in a virtual machine using a generic product key. I clicked "Add Features to Windows 8.1" and I was prompted for a key.

Maybe something is messed up with your system. Can you do a clean install?
Attachments
Windows81.PNG
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct