Live tv Setup Fail

stickbreaker

HTPC Specs: Show details

Live tv Setup Fail

Post by stickbreaker » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:39 am

I am a new user, just installed latest version 12/31/2019 on existing Win8 64bit.
Ceton 6 tuner CableCard
Successfully created ScheduleDirect account with 1 yr sub.

When running WMC Live TV setup, after selecting NO to the Microsoft Guide agreement, WMC hangs in the download configuration/data screen. The Client setup hangs waiting for WMC to close. If I cancel WMC no tuners are found.

What do I need to do?

Chuck.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:44 am

You need to get past the 'Downloading TV Setup ...'

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=12372
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12611
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12592

Try the network disconnect or the 00000 zipcode. One of them will work for you.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

LISpeedyG

Post by LISpeedyG » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:11 pm

Thanks for the pointers. I'll give it a try tonight and let you know if there are any other issues.

stickbreaker

Post by stickbreaker » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:01 am

garyan2 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:44 am You need to get past the 'Downloading TV Setup ...'

Try the network disconnect
Thanks, the network disconnect work for me

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12611

Specifically the third reply:

viewtopic.php?p=135698#p135698

Chuck.

wmcDieHard

Post by wmcDieHard » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:13 am

Possible additional thing to try if all else fails.

I too have been having problems getting past the 'Downloading TV Setup' screen, and tried all the suggestions including unplugging the network cable, but to no avail. What I did (and it has worked twice for me now) is the following additional step:
1. When on the screen 'Agree to the Terms of Service' for the Microsoft Guide Listing, do an Alt Tab back to the desktop and then disable your network. Personally I disabled the adapter, rather than unplug the cable. (Go into Networks and click on 'Change Adapter Options'.)
2. Now simply reboot at this point (i.e. without pressing OK in Media Center, and with everything still open).
3. After the reboot, keep the network connection disabled and just rerun the TV Setup again. It should proceed quickly this time.
Remember to re-enable the network connector afterwards, which can be done after reaching the scan for channels screen.

(Another thing to look out for is any modifications to the hosts file. Might not make a difference, but I had a couple of redirects in my file from the previous guide data outage.)

Hope this saves somebody the hours of trials, troubles and frustration that it cost me!