paulcarrm9mx

HTPC Specs: Show details

Search recorded TV

Post by paulcarrm9mx » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Add a search function to recorded TV section how would I do it cheers

Space

Post by Space » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:01 am

Within WMC, you can sort recorded TV alphabetically and then use the keyboard or remote (using the number pad to enter the corresponding letters) to search for a specific title. You can only search for the title of the show and it is anchored to the start of the title, for example you can type in "shark" and it will jump to "Shark Tank", but typing in "tank" will not jump to this title, but instead will jump to a title that starts with "tank" (if any, otherwise it will just jump to the title that is the closest alphabetically).

You can also search outside of WMC (and perhaps some add-ons for WMC also have this feature) by using windows regular file search feature (if you have the title of the show as a part of the filename, which is the default for WMC). But I am not aware of any utilities that allow you search the metadata of the WTV files to find text within the description of the episode or other metadata.

StinkyImp

Post by StinkyImp » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:50 pm

A few years ago I created a search tool for WMC recorded shows just for fun.

viewtopic.php?p=144940#p144940

Here's the download link if you're interested... https://mega.nz/folder/L5cl3ARL#meFbtOaJGKinOZVLhtrIsw