Media Center Add-ins Section

The Green Button has risen from the grave. Brought back to life by a few enthusiasts who think the same way you do. Help us make this site better!
holidayboy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by holidayboy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Sorry it's taking an age to get this up and running.

I've updated the tgb.tv wiki to support file uploads and have also created an add-in upload page that anybody can submit stuff to.

Uploading apps and installers directly to the wiki is limited to admins at the moment but if anybody wants to upload installers using the upload page then I'll upload them to the wiki after checking for nasties (just a belt and braces safety net - nothing personal!) so we can look at how best to organise things?

If (hopefully when) I can settle on an auto antivirus checking solution (bearing in mind our limited shared server environment) then we can open up uploads directly to the wiki / add-in area for all members.

Work is manic but I'll try to spend some time over the weekend on it.

The (rough temporary) upload page is here for any submissions:

https://www.thegreenbutton.tv/upload/

More to follow soon, please keep any suggestions for how files should be presented etc coming in....

Rob.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm

One more consideration. Because some programs are still regularly updated, would it be possible to add links to various websites where users can download the latest versions. There have been recent major changes to Emby server, Emby for Windows Media Center, and smaller changes to EPG123, and the various modern media plugins. Those are the only three I can think of at the moment but still probably something to consider. I know your doing all of this for free, and in your spare time so I want to say thanks one more time.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:44 pm

Definitely a great idea.

One idea I had was a simple wiki page for each add-in / app with a link to any local files available on our server.

Plus descriptions / user guides and tips etc can be added and edited as usual along with any links to homepages etc.

Then just have an index with links to each add-in page - pretty much how the wiki is set out already...

No need for anything fancy?

Rob.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:55 pm

A wiki page for each addin is a great idea because I have a few addins that are unsupported but still work, and can be expanded upon. The perfect example is Macrotube. Its developer is long gone but it was designed so that new xml files can be added to stream video from new sites if someone wanted to build the XML files. Simple radio is another addin like this where you just edit a xml file to get new radio stations. My thought was to have a top level page where the user picks the OS they want I.E. Win 10, Win 8, etc. and each OS page within the wiki lists the known good plugins for that version of Windows. You could further break up these pages into x86 and x64 or you could just one page for every x86 plugin. I think that would avoid confusion where if a user tries to download a plugin they could end up with something that doesn't work, and shrug things off as if the plugin were just broken permanently.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:23 pm

I just uploaded Media Center Themer (The author changed his site, and the download is no longer available) and Media Center Themer Tools to the page

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:17 am

^ thanks!

I've added them to the wiki page for MCT.

I still haven't finished tweaking the wiki, it will do for now though. We can pretty up the links and add file icons etc.

If anybody has any files that they wish to include then please use the upload page for now, I'm still trying to find some spare time for the add-in stuff

Rob.

Rob.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:05 pm

I just uploaded some themes for media center themer

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:11 am

I need to get started...so much stuff...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:33 pm

How's this going ? Are you getting a lot of apps uploaded, and what are you doing with them ? Are you looking for anything special ?

If you had a list of things you had, I would get an idea what you don't have so I am not uploading a bunch of dups...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012