Comcast "Customer owned equipment Credit" so called

For questions regarding Co-ax wiring, and to complain about your cable co.
sgbroimp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Comcast "Customer owned equipment Credit" so called

Post by sgbroimp » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Just got hit with the latest round of price increases from our local monopolist. It forced me to look closely at my bill and I see that where I used to (years ago I recall) get a credit for not using their cable box (I have WMC with Ceton Tuner), I have a check mark next to "Customer Owned Equipment" in the general heading shown as "Equipment and Services". This is obviously not a credit and so I called them today and they stated this this is only available as a discount off their equipment. That isn't right, is it?

joelkirzner

Post by joelkirzner » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm

So what does your bill now say, "Additional Outlet: $9.99"?
When I used to have Comcast, I would rent a cablecard and have that additional outlet fee, along with a $2.50 credit for customer-owned equipment.
So my net cost to rent the card for my ceton tuner was $7.50/month.

joeer77

Post by joeer77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:26 pm

I called Comcast when they stopped crediting me $5 a month 2 months ago. I have two cable cards I rent from them. 2nd card now costs me $10/month instead of $5. They refused to reinstate the monthly credit and told me I shouldn't have been getting it all this time.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:32 pm

The only way to win is not to play the game.

Seriously. In today's world, what benefit does the coax-delivered Comcast product bring?