Keep losing subwoofer signal.....any ideas?

Talk about speakers, TVs, receivers, STBs, etc.
bradders

HTPC Specs: Show details

Keep losing subwoofer signal.....any ideas?

Post by bradders » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi guys, hoping someone can help?

I have a simple cable-card set up and split my audio separately from video out of the MC into amp/tv respectively as I was getting handshake/HDMI issues that were insurmountable. So, HDMI out of the media center, into the HDMI IN of my pioneer amp to the TV and digital audio out of the MCE and into the Pioneer's digital in.....all works great.

My problem is that occasionally I will either lose or not have a sub-woofer signal.....ie the signal drops out OR was never there to start when switching my system on. I can correct by unplugging and re-plugging the sub at the Pioneer a/v receiver end and we're good to go.

Why am I losing the sub signal and any way to overcome this please?

thanks
DB

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:01 pm

It sounds like there's something wrong with the cable that connects the subwoofer to the AVR. Try replacing it. If that doesn't resolve the issue, the problem may be with either the subwoofer or the AVR.

ileenback

Post by ileenback » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:06 am

im a little late...

we talking a powered sub? if so, check if it has auto off.

What model pioneer amp?

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:18 pm

This sounds similar to some trouble I've had w/ my amp and sub. I have a Pioneer ahk919 and a sony 12" sub. The sub has auto-off. Sometimes when commercials would come on, the receiver wouldn't pick up an audible sub signal from the broadcast - or if a scene in a show was real quiet w/ soft dialogue, it would turn itself off. Then a minute later, the action would start and the sub would kick back on. It was an obvious annoyance.

Ultimately, I just said screw it, and I leave the sub on 24x7. (auto-off disabled) Not sure if this is what you're seeing - but as the last poster suggested, check for auto-off.