Yamaha RX465 HDMI though is stuck on creating connection issues

Talk about speakers, TVs, receivers, STBs, etc.
stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by stevethebrain » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:34 pm

The AVR worked fine for a few years, then a HDMI though red dot lights up on the display when AVR is off the red light is on when AVR is on the red light goe’s off.

I don’t remember how this HDMI though got configured, I didn’t purposely turn it on.

I have the AVR connected as a switch hub the PCs HDMI is input#2,
DVR HDMI is input#3 AVR output to input of TV also a optical cable from AVR to TV (there is a red optical light from inside this cable).

Here’s what’s happening turn on the AVR & TV though the AVR speakers audio plays for around 5 seconds then mutes, TVs video still plays.

Then w/ TV still on I attempt to turn on the PC by turning on AVR HDMI#2 the blank/black screen appears w/ TVchannel # displayed continue pressing HDMI#2 hoping for the PCs blank screen so moving the PCs mouse should wake the PC (which it does).

then the AVR get seriously confussed there is a constant switching back and forth from TV to PC (which is a blank/black screen w/ only the channel # to the PCs blank screen.

after a half dozen or more switchs between blank TV screen and blank PC screen the PC will eventually sinck up and I have both audio/video it’s a painfull way of turning on the PC.

The rare time I turn on the DVR (which is low definition) there is zero AVR confusion switching it works as it should w/ audio and doesn’t try to constanly switch back and forth from DVR to TV.

Additionally the TVs CEC function is turned off, the TV speakers are set to external.
Thanks for any advice STB

stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by stevethebrain » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:57 pm

anyone know how to turn off HDMI though